Terms and Conditions of Sale
The following, as amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale, constitutes the entire terms and conditions on which property listed in the catalog shall be offered for sale or sold by Great Gatsby's Auction Gallery, Inc. and any consignor of such property for whom we act as agent. By bidding at an auction, whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer or bidder agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
- All property is sold "AS IS / WHERE IS" without warranty or representation, and the bidder acknowledges that neither Great Gatsby's nor any consignor to Great Gatsby's makes any warranties or representations of merchantability or of the correctness of any description or of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, provenance or historical relevance of the property auctioned and sold. All references and descriptions of the property in any auction catalog, flier or advertisement, and any oral statements made by the auctioneer or employees of Great Gatsby's are intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as creating, and do not create any warranty or representation by Great Gatsby's or any consignor.
BIDDERS ARE ADVISED BY GREAT GATSBY'S TO CAREFULLY INSPECT THE PROPERTY BEFORE BIDDING. All SALES ARE FINAL!
- Great Gatsby's shall have full discretion to refuse any bidding, to divide any lot, to combine any two or more lots and to withdraw any lot prior to taking bids on said lot. Some goods or lots may be subject to reserve prices set by either Great Gatsby's or the consignor of the goods, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lots will not be sold. The auctioneer may implement such reserve by opening the bidding or continuing the bidding in response to other bidders until reaching the reserve.
- The successful bidder is the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on Great Gatsby's part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Great Gatsby's record is conclusive.
- At its discretion, Great Gatsby's will accept Absentee Bids and Telephone Bids as a convenience to customers who are not, or will not be present at the auction. Great Gatsby's, however, is not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection with such Absentee or Telephone Bids. To register as an Absentee or Telephone Bidder, contact Great Gatsby's at 770-457-1903.
- In addition to the full purchase price announced by the auctioneer, a twenty-one percent (21%) Buyer's Premium will be added to the hammer price of each article of property purchased. Unless exempted by law, purchasers will be required to pay the applicable Georgia sales tax of seven percent (7%).
- Payment for purchases must be made at or before the close of the auction. Great Gatsby's has the right to retain possession of all goods purchased by bidder until paid in full.
- You may pay for your purchases with cash, company check, personal check, bank wire transfer, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. If paying by check, Great Gatsby's reserves the right to hold all purchases until the check has cleared to the satisfaction of Great Gatsby's and its bank.
- All purchases must be removed from Great Gatsby's within ten (10) calendar days from the end of the auction. Great Gatsby's provides no packing, crating, or shipping materials or services. Great Gatsby's assumes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of third parties in packing and shipping goods purchased at auction, even if the shipping company was recommended by Great Gatsby's. All purchases left at Great Gatsby's after said date are subject to a storage fee of $5.00 per item per day.
- Great Gatsby's reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before the auction without liability.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid not commensurate with the value of the property offered.
- A range of estimates is given on each auction lot with a low and a high estimate. Estimates should not be relied upon as a prediction of the actual selling price, appraised value, or retail value of the lot.
- These conditions of sale, as well as the purchaser's and our respective rights and obligations thereunder shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
- Bidding on merchandise automatically constitutes agreement with these terms.